Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cemetery Voices


CEMETERY VOICES

They call to us from the depths of past
Breathless family, friends and foes
Gone away from earthly days
Existing in the barren calm

What would they say, if they could speak to us
Would they approve of this harsh new world
Or would they happily blend with us
To capture the times gone by

I wonder if they understand
All the changes going on
Or are they fixed in time and space
Lifelessness n'er to age or grow

Familiar whispers on bated breath
Try to reach my ears
Cemetery voices from my distant past
Call to calm my fears

1 comment:

Tony Sexton said...

Hello, Fellow Bloggers and Workshoppers... I wanted to drop a note and apoligize for missing the last meeting. I just plain forgot, comes with age, so they tell me. I plan on being at the next meeting and all the rest ... but that does not make it ok to just miss a meeting... The one thing I believe in is, the coming together of writers. It is our inspiration, our encouragement and our social bonding. Such meeting are of the utmost importance to any writer. History tells us that most successful writers belonged to or still belong to a "Group" so, forgive me for failing and be assured I know how important it is. If you are reading this and have not been to one of the workshop sessions, now is the time to consider it. Check out the dates, the assignments and join us , it could be the most important thing you ever gave yourself as a writer. I hope to see everyone next meeting.
Tony